I’m not quite sure where the idea came from that mice are these cute little things worthy of emulating in our baking and decor. Perhaps it was from the children’s nursery song “Three Blind Mice” or the infamous Mickey Mouse or even Mighty Mouse. Even the literary world seems to agree; why exactly is the book, Of Mice and Men, so popular? And then there’s Tom & Jerry! When will the madness end?! I will resist stating the obvious about these li’l, um, animals!? Suffice it to say, however, that some of the things we can create around their image are still pretty darn cute.
And, what’s not to love about chocolate kisses. Any mouse made out of chocolate can’t be all bad. In fact, I might even go so far as to say that mouse is all good. 🙂 These winsome Christmas tree decorations are so appealing, I could just eat them up. 😉
Here’s what you’re going to need to create these simple li’l fellas:
- chocolate kisses
- pink felt
- fishing line
- googly eyes (the self adhesive kind)
- pink curling ribbon (optional)
- double sided carpet tape
- In the original pattern, you would be removing the Hershey’s “tail”, but personally I think it’s really cute as is.
- Cut out some 3/8″ high mouse ears from the pink felt.
- Cut 8″ lengths of fishing line.
- Using double-sided carpet tape, affix the bottoms of the ears AND the looped fishing line to the flat side of one of the Kisses. (The fishing line forms the hanger.)
- Join the two flat sides of the Hersheys Kisses together with more tape, and add a pair of the googly eyes.
- Hang on your tree, but don’t expect them to last very long!
Merry mouse making!