There is a cookie exchange party running through my brain, I’m even dreaming about it at night! I know lots of people have heirloom cookie recipes that have been passed down through the generations, secret recipes for the most delectable goodies. I love doing the cookie exchange thing, one where there’s about 6 people participating. That way I end up with 6 different varieties while only contributing the work of 1. I think they call that leveraging your friends, but shhh, don’t tell anyone I said that.
These cute little Kiss Pies will be a huge hit this year. Best part? You don’t have to make the dough yourself! Using the ready-made pie crust from the refrigerated section of your grocery store, you’re going to truly love this unique but super easy cookie, err pie, recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
14 Hershey Kisses of choice, Mint Truffle is pictured
1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pie dough onto a lightly floured counter top, and let set for about 20 minutes to allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- Place 10 kisses around the edges of pie dough, about 2 1/2-3″ apart
- Cut out the dough with a juice glass around each kiss.
- Fold half of the circle around top of the kiss and seal by pinching closed.
- Now fold up the other sides to the tip of the kiss, and press the edges together, forming an x.
- Brush the cookie pies with egg white, sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Talk about the perfect cookie exchange recipe, this one is fun and festive and easy. These would also be great served at a Christmas party or as dessert for Christmas dinner. The possibilities are endless. What’s your favorite cookie exchange recipe?
Merry cookie baking!
Photo and recipe source: picky-palate.com