I don’t know about you, but I’m really drawn to the unique. I like to mix the traditional with the modern and come up with one-of-a-kind furnishings, decorations and gifts. Today’s decoration idea starts with simple and humble items, and transforms them into a real thing of beauty. Whenever I see an idea like this, I think about that HGTV cooking show, Chopped, where the chefs are given a basket of ingredients. Their challenge is to take each one and transform it and somehow still come out with not just a meal that makes sense, but one that looks beautiful and tastes amazing.
These candle holders are just like that. You start with the simple, clear glass votive candle holders from the craft store and end up with a sparkly, even elegant display that will make even a battery powered candle glow with romanticism and warmth. I love that.
- Votive glass candle holders
- Mod Podge
- Epsom Salt (Seriously, I know, right?)
- Tea Light candles (wax or battery powered)
- Paint the mod podge onto the outside of the candle holder and roll in a flat bed of Epsom salt.
- After it dries, repeat step one.
- Let it dry again, and that’s it!
Look at how they glow!