Christmas is a great time for family getaways. More than that, vacations serve to make the family closer than ever. MerryStockings.com suggests these fun Christmas destinations.
1. Lapland. If you have little kids, a visit to Lapland could easily ignite their imagination. Imagine being able to meet Santa Claus up close and personal. Lapland is the ultimate Christmas getaway that could rival any postcard rendition of Christmas with its snow-filled pine trees, reindeer, log cabins and of course, Santa.
2. Scandinavia. The beauty of Scandinavia is that it offers basically the same things as Lapland at a fraction of the cost. You can get really inexpensive deals from air fare to accommodation.
3. Tenerife. If you want to get away from the cold snow and the Christmas rush, you can always book a vacation in Tenerife. It has a sunny climate and is the original and most popular winter sun destination. Here you get to sunbathe on Christmas day as you forget all about your worries while getting a good tan.
4. Egypt. Get a sense of history as you join a tour group exploring the Read Sea or cruise the Nile in magnificent Egypt. Not only do you get your fill of ancient artifacts, you also get a relatively less expensive and less crowded holiday because tourist season here starts January.
5. The U.S. Yes, you have read that right. The best getaway is staying here. You could visit friends and family during the Christmas holidays, which is the best way for you to rekindle your relationships. You could take the kids out to Disney World. If you like the beaches, go to Miami, Hawaii or the Bahamas. The U.S. have a lot of Christmas destination where you could get a taste of different Christmas influences from different cultures.