- 14 large, ripe peaches
- 10 cups of super fine sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages of Certo (pectin)
- 1 1/2 cups water
Did I mention this is an EASY recipe? Here's what you do:
- Peel, cut and mash peaches, leaving some texture.
- Add sugar, stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine both packages of Certo with the water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute until the Certo is completely dissolved.
- Add the prepared Certo and the lemon juice to the peaches and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pint size jars and cover with lids.
- Let the jam sit at room temperature for 24 hours until set, then freeze.
These make perfect hostess gifts, and I bet your neighbors, coworkers, and family members won't turn them down either. Really, who wouldn't love a jar of Peach Jam any day of the year?
Merry jam making!