Ooh la la, is there anything better atop a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream than homemade hot fudge sauce? My coworker just returned from a 2 week vacation in sunny Florida, and one of the things she brought back for me was a small jar of gourmet hot fudge sauce. My mouth immediately began watering at just the thought of spooning that over ice cream....or strawberries.....or waffles. Let's be honest, it's just plain good over just about anything. :)
Well, as it turns out, there just might be something that is just a tad better than hot fudge sauce . . . . Raspberry Jalapeno Hot Fudge Sauce! It's the perfect mixture of sweet and spicey, and you don't really have to worry about it being too spicy because the ice cream that you spoon it over will cool it all down just fine! I say that is a complete and total WIN WIN.
Yes, it's easy, you know by now I won't bring you any ideas here on the Merry Stockings blog that is difficult or terribly time consuming. After all, you have those hand made Bucilla stockings to finish, right? :) There are just a few ingredients for this delectable sauce that is sure to please....and will make a very sweet hostess gift during the holidays or, really, any time of year.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 T seedless raspberry jam
- 3 T freshly chopped jalapeno peppers
- Combine all the ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until butter and chocolate chips are completely melted and you have a smooth texture.
- Fill your jars, label and store in your refrigerator.
Most of the time hostess gifts are for the ladies of the house, but this is one hostess gift that perhaps even the host will enjoy.